This latest release of Jekyll includes a slew of enhancements and bug fixes. Some of the highlights:
- Strange bug around spacing/indentation should be resolved. It was a curious bug indeed.
- Pages, Posts, and Drafts can now be converted by multiple converters.
- Static files can now be safely included in collections. They’ll be placed
collection.docsstill holds exclusively content with YAML front matter.
- Sass files can once again be rendered by Liquid. However, neither Sass
nor CoffeeScript can ever have a layout. Bonus:
- Partial variables allowed now in the path argument of
- We added a
jekyll helpcommand. Pass it a subcommand to see more info about that subcommand. Or don’t, to see the help for
- Lots of fixes to the site template we use for
jekyll new, including converting the CSS into SCSS.
jsonifyfilter will now call
- Lots, lots more!
One change deserves special note. In #2633, subfolders inside a
_posts folder were processed and added as categories to the posts. It
turns out, this behaviour was unwanted by a large number of individuals, as
it is a handy way to organize posts. Ultimately, we decided to revert this
change in #2705, because it was a change in behaviour that was already
well-established (at least since Jekyll v0.7.0), and was convenient.
For more excellent CHANGELOG reading material, check out the History page! Happy Jekylling!