Jekyll is a static site generator. You give it text written in your favorite markup language and it uses layouts to create a static website. You can tweak how you want the site URLs to look, what data gets displayed on the site, and more.
- Install a full Ruby development environment.
- Install Jekyll and bundler gems.
gem install jekyll bundler
- Create a new Jekyll site at
jekyll new myblog
- Change into your new directory.
- Build the site and make it available on a local server.
bundle exec jekyll serve
- Browse to http://localhost:4000
Note: Installation might be different depending on your operating system. See our guides for OS specific instructions.